- 1 leek including the roots
- 3 ears of fresh corn, stripped from the cob
- 1 carrot, cut julienne style
- 1 parsnip cubed
- Some wakame seaweed, cut in little pieces
- 7 cups spring water
- 1 Tbsp barley miso
- 1 Tbsp white miso
In a soup pot put the water, the roots of the leek minced and the white part diced, (reserve the green leafs for later), corn and carrots, bring to a boil, reduce flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the wakame simmer 3 to 5 minutes, add the diced green leaf of leek.
On the side mix the miso with some hot broth and dilute with the back of a small spoon.
Pour the miso into the soup, continue to simmer another minute and serve with some cut up scallions for garnish.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 cups of cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup of small diced tofu
- 1 fresh corn, stripped from the cob
- 1 carrot julienne style
- 1 small summer squash diced
- A few diced mushrooms
- ½ cup cut broccoli flowers
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
Heat a skillet pour oil and onions, sautèd stirring until is translucent, add corn, carrots, summer squash, mix with a wooden spoon, and cover with a lid for a minute
add tofu, mix and cover for 3 minutes, add mushrooms and broccoli, mix and cover for another 2/3 minutes. Add rice using your hands to break down the lumps add soy sauce, mix well, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- ½ head of leafy green lettuce chopped
- 1 cup white cabbage finely sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage finely sliced
- 1 carrot, use a potato peeler to make fine strips
- 1 seedless cucumber slice finely
- Sea salt
- Rice vinegar
Put all the vegetables into a bowl, add few pinches of salt mix well
add a plate on the salad and a heavy plate over the dish (lay it so that the dish doesn’t touch the side of the bowl) and press the salad for 2 hours.
Remove plate, add a Tbsp of vinegar.
Now you have prepared a wonderful summer lunch.
Mix well and serve.