- A bunch of watercress, washed and chopped
- Cabbage, finely cut
- Red Cabbage, finely cut
- 1 cucumber, remove skin and seeds
- 1 carrot, thinly cut using a peeler
- Few thin slices of red onion
- 1 medium kohlrabi, peeled and cubed
- Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
Place everything into a bowl, add a few pinches of salt for taste, and mix well.
Cover bowl with a smaller flat dish, and place a weighted object (heavy jar, rock, etc.) on top of the plate to press the salad mixture. Let it stand for at least one to two hours.
When ready to serve, add brown rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil or more. Preference of taste.
Mix well and serve.
PS Pressed Salads tend to last longer in a refrigerator than standard salads. Keep them in a tightly sealed glass container and enjoy for the 3 to 4 days. Using different dressings to add variety of taste.