To make hummus we first cook Chick peas:
- 1 cup Chick Peas
- 1″ piece Kombu, soaked briefly
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. White Miso
- Spring Water as required
- 2 Tbsp of Tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1 organic lemon (the juice)
- 2 small peaces of garlic, crushed
- Put Kombu in pressure cooker, add diced onions and a little water. Heat the onions until they are translucent, add chickpeas, and cover with water. Put on the lid and bring to pressure. Lower flame and cook for one hour. Pour off any excess water (after opening as instructed by the manufacturer) and reserve water for future use in soups, etc.. Dilute the Miso with a little of the reserved water and stir it in. Simmer 15 minutes without pressure and mash a few of the Chickpeas to make the dish more creamy.
- We can enjoy the chick peas this way or we can process the chick peas to make hummus:
- When the Chick peas are cool, put them in a food processor, add the tahini (sesame seed butter), the lemon juice, and the garlic. Process for few minutes until creamy. Serve lemon wedges or blanched vegetables.