Must Soak dried chestnuts overnight and after clean them well
Recipe type: Whole Grain
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- ½ cup dry chestnuts, soaked overnight
- 1 medium yam diced
- 1 cup millets
- 1 ½ cup spring water
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. shoyu soy sauce
- ½ tsp. sage
- Clean soaked chestnuts, removing any skin and any imperfections, rinse.
- Cook in pressure cooker with enough water to cover, for one hour
- Separately cook the millets in 2 cups of water, as soon as it comes to a boil, lower the heat and place a flame deflector under the pot, or use a double boiler (millet tends to burn easily), cook for twenty minutes.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil, sauté the onions and garlic, add the yams, carrots, celery, and stir. Cover and cook on low heat, stir often.
- Separately crumble the chestnuts and mix them in with the millet.
- Mix the tahini with three tablespoons of hot water, and liquefy.
- When the sautéing vegetables are tender, add the millet mixture to it. Then add the soy sauce and tahini and mix well.
- Sauté and stir for ten minutes more.
- Can be served hot or cold.