Whole Grain Croquets
Recipe type: GRAIN CROQUETS WITH VEGETABLES AND SAUCE
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 1 Small Onion, finely diced
- 1 Stalk Celery, diced very fine
- 1 Cup leftover grain (any cooked whole grain you have)
- Whole Wheat flour as required or Arrowroot flour
- Cold pressed Sunflower Oil for frying
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- For Sauce
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Tbs. Fresh grated Ginger (pulp and juice)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add enough Whole Wheat Flour or Arrowroot flour to make mixture the right consistency so you can form little balls. Flatten balls into elliptical croquets and deep fry in Sunflower Oil, very hot. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
- Dipping SAUGE Preparation
- Mix ingredients together and serve in condiment bowls so each person may dip croquets into sauce.