- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced in 1 inch pieces
- Lotus root, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, torn in large pieces
- 1 tbs. umeboshi Paste
- cup warm water
- 1 tbs. Toasted sesame oil, heated in small pot
Bring water to a boil in large pot. Add broccoli and cook until water returns to a boil. Remove with slotted spoon. Continue this procedure with each vegetable, cooking squash last because it will discolor the water. When cool, combine ingredients in a bowl and add sauce (see below) and toss the salad.
Melt umeboshi paste in a little warm water. Add heated oil and mix.