Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 large onion,
- 4 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 1 rutabaga
- Several pieces of butternut squash
- One lotus root
- All of the above vegetables should be chopped into medium-large pieces.
- 1 inch piece of Kombu
- 1 teasp rosmary
- Tamary soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy, oven safe pan with a lid, place the kombu in the bottom. Add about an inch of water to the pan. Mix and add all of the vegetables and chopped rosemary. Bake for 1 hour or more until soft.
- In the last 15 minutes of the cooking remove the lid to brown little the vegetables.
- Add soy sauce to taste about 10 minutes before baking is complete.